01582 716910 |Email us
At Harpenden Academy, all children are valued, respected and welcomed to the school as individuals. The Learning Support Department ensures that children with any additional needs are supported, making full use of externally provided facilities where appropriate.
There are different levels of support to ensure that individual needs are met, below is a list of additional levels of support that are offered:
1. Monitoring/observation of individual children to identify and assess any necessary intervention
2. Individual Education Plan (IEP). This is a personal plan with specific targets for a child, which is shared with parents.
3. One to One support with teachers to target additional needs.
4. Small group work to target additional needs.
5. Nurture Group.
6. Support from external agencies, to support with observations and individualised programmes.
To discuss any additional needs that your child may have please contact:
Emma Louise – Emmalouise@harpendenacademy.org
Follow us on Twitter: @HarpAcademy1