Code of Conduct
Student Code of Conduct
We want Harpenden Academy to be a happy and peaceful community in which to learn. Our Code of Conduct is designed to help students understand what we mean by this. It is not an exhaustive list of aspirations and things to avoid; instead it outlines key points so students have clear examples of what we expect from them.
Students have the right to:
- learn without disruption
- be free from bullying of any kind
- feel safe
- enjoy equal opportunities
- exist within the school without fear of prejudice of any kind from any member of the community.
The school community will not tolerate:
- bullying of any kind
- any type of violence
- vandalism, graffiti, or litter
- cruel or insensitive behaviour
- possession of or dealing in drugs or alcohol
- smoking cigarettes
- misuse of solvents
- any signs of disrespect from any member of the community
- arriving late to school or to lessons
- leaving the school without permission or missing lessons.
Parents please can we ask:
- Speak politely and behave well
- Avoid negative and malicious gossip
- Concerned, worried - see us
- Problem between children - see us not the child
- Know that we work really hard for your child and we are human too!
Unacceptable behaviour will lead to a ban from the school site.
In our school we will try to:
- respect ourselves
- respect each other
- do our best
- act with honesty and responsibility
- show ourselves in the best light
- be polite and courteous
- enjoy learning
- participate in all aspects of school life.
We publish our Student Code of Conduct on our website and in students’ planners and refer to it in our rewards and behaviour management systems.